Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a little help....I'm not asking for much

As a mother of three I am constantly making doctor appointments.Now as a mother I expect to have to do this. I dont have a problem with negotioating the best time for the appointment not to mention the multiple appointments on the same day..What I dont however like is when we get to the appointments...
First off I have to get all the kids organized just minutes before we leave.I happen to know if you get your kids ready even just 5 minutes to early you are doomed...somehow, someway , my kids will find a way to either A. get themselves dirty. B. get your clothes dirty or C. everyone will have to have a complete wardrobe change. This will make you in teh very least on time for you appointment ( you know the stupid policy I am talking about ,They want you there 15 minutes early only to make you wait an extra 45 minutes....so by the time you actually see the doctor, dentist or whoever you look like a a mental patient on teh verge of REALLY loosing your mind)
Next there is the car ride,I wont even go into the horrible details of my last car ride to an appointment.All I have to say is it involved french fries, a whiny brat and a mother ready to drive her car off the nearest bridge.
You get to the appointment as the secretary DOES NOT ACKOWLEDGE the fact that you are seriously in need of a quick effecient appointment. I mean seriously where do half of these secretaries come from??? There is one in particular thatI cant stand she is very aloof, if you have a question she cannot answer it with out saying the word "UMMMMMM" which by the way is one of my pet peeves If you are over the age of 18 learn to talk especially if you are in a proffesional business. and did I mention her voice..completely nasel, and whiny and she talks really loud ...super freakin annoying.......
and to the worst part of these appontment.....THE WAITING ROOM....and I will have to say this drives me a little bit more nuts than it does other people....and here is why...My daughter is autistic and stimms, she runs around and vocalizes....and people are giving me the look, hardcore... I mean if I realize a child has special needs and isnt doing all these things, not to be annoying or because she is bad, but because she just cant help it.....Now I have a problem when people do this and I will admit my feelings get hurt for my daughter....people dont realize it but her feelings can get hurt to ..she understands way more than they think....It actually made me so mad that I actually straight forward had to ask a woman what the f**k her problem was and how would she like to be autistic....this may not have been the best way to handle the situation..but I was pushed and I was PMS ing majorly so if I embarrased her GOOD adults should be ashamed of themselves when they act like that.....and to tell the truth...I cried when I got home for a long time cause I realized that that woman probably had the worst opinion of me..and that is not how I want to be seen.
What prompted this blog was Gages appointment at the orthodontist...he is having an appliance put in and it is going to be a long appointment...so I am mentally preparing myself for everything that goes along with it.... I had also asked Mark to take a sick day so I just didnt have to deal with it, and the answer was no....Just so everybody knows The Last Job Mark had, he held for 13 years and almost never took a sick day ..and the most recent job he has held for almost 3 years and has only had to take off 2 days.....2DAYS people...he has the best work ethic..and I like that about him I really do he is dedicated but there are times where I just cant deal with the constant back and forth and I need a little bit of a break...IF that means I am weak..then fine I'm weak but dammit I dont ask for much....I am on my job 24/7 and have not takin a break for almost 10 years...and I really need one.....
I know most SAHM will feel me on this...and it is always nice when you can just let your responsibilities go for just a few hours



I will be posting some pics of THE APPLIANCE later to day..stay tuned(oh yeah it is suppose to glow in the dark)

No comments:

Post a Comment